Sunday, April 18, 2010

EX- Montreal STCUM GM Fishbowl Bus In Cuba


It was over ten years ago when a friend of mine went down to Veradero Cuba, and photographed this amazing sight.
This ex-Montreal "New-look" bus was one of I believe about 150 that were sold by the STCUM to Cuba, in the late-Nineties. Price? About $1500 each! My buddy Sean who snapped this photo informed me that hew even saw one bus that still sported the "68 Pierrefonds" on the old roll sign! I used to take these as a kid every day to and from school, especially on that route. I went to Cuba in 2008 and hoped to see one of these (like an old friend), but to no avail. I was told that some of them are still in service but cant confirm this. If anyone has good quality photos of these buses, I would be interested in buying them.
This is an 8 x 12 inch photo I had made. (layer not on actual photos) $10
I also have an 11 x 17 inch lazer copy for sale for $5. Its of a nice thick paper quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment